Overview of role
- Responsible for the entire transaction from product collection through all the steps to a happy customer.
- Maximize sales value and revenue. Explain sales variances.
- Improve service and customer relations.
- Ensure efficient and accurate collection of products from receiving.
- Ensure accurate shelf-packing and excellent merchandising.
- Ensure effective use of point of sales materials.
- Keep buyers informed of any significant sales variances from budget, both actual and forecast, so that they can take these variances into account.
- Recommend new products giving reasons and projections.
- Recommend delisting products where applicable giving reasons.
- Analyze training needs and propose training for sales staff.
- Maintain a high level of discipline is a strict and fair manner.
- Promote harmonious industrial relations.
- Motivate, guide, counsel, coach, and develop sales staff in your department.
- Maintain an attendance register for all subordinates.
- Approve leave.
- Recommend salary increases.
- Ensure a clean, hygienic, tidy, and safe work area.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations.
- Complies with safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
Requirements, Education and Experience
Secondary education: ‘O’ level or BGSCE pass in English, maths & one other.
Tertiary education: Diploma in sales or appropriate tertiary qualification.
Experience: 5 years post qualification experience selling hardware.
- Selling and negotiations skills.
- Business acumen.
- Supervision skills.
- Interpersonal & communication skills.
- Computer literate
- Customer care.
- Retail / Store
Are you looking for the ideal partner in the field of recruitment? Then make an appointment!