Head Of Sales & Marketing
Overview of role
To develop the commercial strategy that positions the hotel as the market leader within the defined competitive set.
To execute all necessary pro-active and re-active sales, e-commerce, marketing & PR activities to exceed owner expectations in regards to revenue generation and market share.
- Execute duties as assigned by the General Manager
- Analyse competitor activities and pricing strategies, trends of business by market segment, channel and GOB, and performance of existing customers
- Schedule & execute detailed action plans to support the revenue generation in all segments and departments and beat the competition.
- Show and use the passion for the hotel brand in all sales conversations and negotiations
- Actively manage key accounts (all segments, including GCE)
- Explore and invest time on developing innovative approaches to generate revenue and extend customer basis.
- Ensure that all rates are loaded correctly in systems / channels
- Design, gain approval for, and execute the hotel’s marketing plan
- Ensure that the hotel is well positioned and marketed on internet and other distribution channels, liaising closely with eCommerce
- Assist in recruiting & selecting Sales Managers, Sales Executives and Sales Agents
- Ensure that all Sales Team Members understand the purpose of their role and train new members in the sales team on processes, brand specifics and sales techniques
- Lead the team of Sales Managers, Executives, and Agent(s), ensuring that they work for a great boss and are well trained and equipped to exceed sales targets in all segments of the business (GCE, Room Sales, F&B)
- Ensure regular & effective communication (e.g. Huddles) with the sales team to achieve / maintain a high level of trust & engagement
- Facilitate regular sales training for Sales TMs and TMs from other departments to help drive revenue generation in the hotel.
- Be visible in the operations and actively support the operations team through times of stress
- Make use of the brand specific Recognition Calendar and plan / execute respective actions on a very regular basis within the own sales team and in the whole hotel.
- Support the General Manager in the overall management of the hotel.
Requirements, Education and Experience
Degree in Sales and Marketing/ Hospitality/ Hotel Management or any business field.
Experience in Sales and Marketing
People Management skills
Are you looking for the ideal partner in the field of recruitment? Then make an appointment!