Chief Executive Officer
Overview of role
Core Accountabilities and Responsibilities
A. Overall Management and Governance
- Serve as an ex-officio non-voting member of Board of Directors
- Execute the policy decisions pf the board
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the institution by providing clear leadership and guidance to all functions of the institution, including Finance, Administration, HR, IT, Call Centre.
- Cultivate culture of cooperation and high performance
- Drive organisation performance, both quantitative and qualitative
- Uphold standards of risk management at all levels and ensure effective supervisory control and management review
- Sustain the institution’s social mission and its dedication to financial inclusion.
B. Strategic Planning and Business Development
- Develop annual and longer term plans and budgets for approval by the board
- Oversee the implementation of budgets and strategic plans
- Set financial and operational performance targets for all key operating units
- Set employee performance standards required to achieve short and long term objectives and goals
C. Human Resource and Talent Development
- Build a strong and effective senior management team
- Establish an effective and competent participatory management style
- Implement performance management system for senior management team
- Oversee and support the development and implementation of effective HR policies and procedures for recruitment, training and talent development
- Motivate all staff and ensure that staff is dedicated to mission of the company
- Mentor and coach senior management
D. Communications and External Stakeholder Relations
- Build Babereki Investments’ reputation as a company committed to excellent client services both internally and externally.
- Maintain solid relations with shareholders and external parties, including government, investors, regulator and other business partners
- Ensure quality information flow to stakeholders.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration/ Finance or its equivalent.
- Minimum ten years’ experience in the Finance or Banking industry field with five of which should have been in a managerial position.
- General knowledge of a wide range of micro banking products including loans
- Experience in interacting with Trade Union Officials desirable
- Experience in working in a Highly regulated industry or a regulatory body is desirable
- Planning and Organizing
- Financial Management
- Commercial Acumen and entrepreneurial flair
- Membership of Professional organisation
Closing date is 9th March 2019
Babereki Investments (Pty) Ltd was established as a wholly owned subsidiary of Botswana Public Employees Union (BOPEU). The core activities of BOPEU are, amongst others, to strengthen democratic principles in Botswana labour movements and all institutions; to promote full employment and equitable distribution of wealth in Botswana and to promote justice, equality and efficiency in the public service.
Babereki Investments (Pty) Ltd was incorporated in the Republic of Botswana in 2005 under registration number Co 2005/3560 with the aim of providing affordable financial services to BOPEU members in order to substantially improve their welfare.
Closing date for applications is 9th March 2019
- Masters Level
Are you looking for the ideal partner in the field of recruitment? Then make an appointment!